Tuesday 19 February 2013

The discussion I wanted to unfold

I wanted to grab an issue last Monday, and I can say that my mission has accomplished. Therefore I now come with a special follow up edition.

This has been an issue many City fans have been speculating about – and I used my blog in order to open up a discussion. No need to remain in an 'if but and or maybe' position.

Some people told me I was being 'too harsh', as Marwood is 'only a footsoldier for his bosses'. I have to agree that it has been announced a year ago that the club wants to reduce the wage bill before doing any new investments, with also an eye to the Financial Fair Play. Thankfully several contracts are ready to expire upcoming summer and certain players might be sold as well. No need to speculate about who could be sold as this article is about something else.

So, am I taking back my question about Marwood regarding Cook? Yes. I basically only wondered as there has been three transfer windows since his departure – but of course never questioned his integrity. The Tevez saga should not be connected to Cook's dismissal, basically because we as fans can – and maybe may – not get involved into backroom staff affairs. And never forget that our owners have so far been very good to the club and to us as fans.

Do I still believe in a Mr Cook connection? No. I only opted one of many speculations with some great feedback in return. As mentioned, we could all remain in an 'if but and or maybe' position – in which all theories could, and so far did, snowball into many possible directions – resulting into 'wrong views' to cement. This is not fair towards Mr Marwood.

Important is that we're only at the beginning of our new era journey – with some great trophies already won and with a squad on the pitch you could have never dreamed of back in the old days. The club is fully right to keep internal issues behind closed doors, like potential transfer targets as well other matters which non-club related people should not get their hands onto.

However, when you sense that the fans are feeling unsettled and names are gossipping around, it would be wise to let that person – in this case Mr Marwood – have some publicity and talk about issues we are allowed to know more about – in order to ease the bubbling uproar. An easily to set up charm campaign can already put a storm to lay down, being a mild breeze only to remain. Just a thought. It would stop the press from writing rubbish, with one journo wanting to imporess the other one with an even more saucy story line. It can result in destablishment, which my Monday article tried to point out. A simple interview on the own website alone would do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment